Sunday, January 15, 2006

Conspiracy Theory

Things are plodding along as always. I'm bored. I'm hyperalert. I'm a bad mood waiting to happen. What to do-what to do?
I know. I'll watch one of those weight loss programs. That will push me right into the mood to sign in to my blog and rant.
So. It's these two families of overweight people...And this skinny little nutritionist: a cross between a nagging mother-in-law and a broomstick. They could've eaten her for lunch and been hungry an hour later.
Anyway, it's the usual bullshit. Non-fat cheese, guilt trips, loathing...One of the moms is cooking an omelet with spinach and "egg substitute", the brand prominently displayed. I thought that whole egg-cholesterol thing was kind of old hat? Eggs in moderation and all that?
Not when that very same name-brand egg substitute sponsors the TV program! hmmmmmmmmm
Wonder what other "healthy" advice is being doled out according to the whims of sponsors?
This was on Discovery Health Channel too. Shame on you! I'm going back to watching public television.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home