Friday, January 06, 2006

I Hate January

January is the time for resolutions and many people are quite resolute...for awhile. Our friends, the advertisers, are helping us by showing commercial after commercial after fucking commercial on everyone's favorite resolution: lose weight.
Gah! I'm sick of it! I just pull the blanket over my head until the commercials are over.
It's finally getting cold too. I'm worried about my birds getting too cold in spite of having space heaters in front of their cages. My feet are cold and I can't find any socks. Where the fuck are my socks?
And in spite of my complaining about the cold, I know that after January is February and then the hot season, in which temps linger around 100F, is fast approaching. It's all downhill after New Year's.
On a more serious note, I've lost the will to accomplish anything. I have accepted my life as it is: bleak and empty. It is a shadow in a mirror. I am a shadow fading into darkness. I've lost my sense of self. I eat, I sleep, I shit, I watch tv. Just living on the lowest level of existence.
My life is a dreary riddle. Who is married but living alone? Who can have children but doesn't? What makes a female-shaped shadow in a mirror?
Me, the sad woman with no socks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home