Friday, November 18, 2005

The Laundry List

Got the number of the last dr. in town that I haven't been to and they're calling me back tomorrow for an appointment. I decided to plan ahead and write down significant stuff before the appointment and it was kind of amusing. Here are the psychiatric drugs I've been on over the years:
Prozac, Paxil, Zoloft, Risperdal, Desiprimine, Imiprimine, Welbutrin, Topamax, Serzone, Celexa, Effexor, Buspar, Valium, Ativan, Xanax, Atarax, Klonopin, Trazodone, Lithium, Zyprexa, Seroquel, Mellaril...there may be more. It's been a few years.
Some of the lowlights: the ones that caused me to see big hairy spiders coming at me and the joy of the Dr. telling me that was an impossible symptom to have...the ones that "may" cause fatal liver failure or diabetes-like symptoms, the weight gain, the one that made my skin feel like it was crawling, the one that made me want to hide under tables, the one that made mymouth so dry I choked every time I ate, the one that made me very very constipated (I will spare you the details), the one that I became dependent on without realizing it only to suffer lovely withdrawal symptoms when I stopped(forgot to take it with on my honeymoon), the ones I had withdrawal symptoms from that the Dr said I shouldn't be having, the ones that sent me straight to the psychward diagnosed with "reaction to medication"...
And then there are the three that I've been on recently that do help me to function or did until the deductible/incompetence snafu that I've been raving about these past two months got me off of them.
..and I don't need to exercise more or engage in positive thinking and I've already "got Jesus" thank you, I'm just a regular gal with a chronic condition.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home