Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Movies, Etc.

Finally got around to watching the newest round of Netflix mailings. First I watched "Almost Famous" which, it turns out, I've seen before, may have napped through it because it wasn't overly familiar. A very good movie about this really lucky kid that goes on tour with a rock band. the crashing airplane scene towards the end is priceless. Through the whole thing, the kid is on the phone to Lester Bangs, who I am not familiar with. He was a renowned rock critic who wrote for Creem. I used to read Creem in the eighties but I guess Bangs was a little before my time. I wanted to read some of his stuff online but all I found were links to fucking Amazon...which lead me to find out that there is a rerelease of Pamela DeBarres autobiography "I'm With The Band", her life as a groupie, which I would like to read...so off to fucking Amazon. It's a love/hate relationship.
Then I saw the first part of "Spirited Away" an anime film and it was sooooo good then the disc was damaged and couldn't finish it and I almost was hopping up and down with frustration. The Japanese are so creative, they have no need for acid, I'm sure.
Went to see The Last Psychiatrist In Town earlier today. I really hate the "new psychiatrist" routine though, which means I have to list medications, rehash hospitalizations, dredge up childhood abuse, get various tests (blood for example), etc. But he and his staff seem competent. He wants me to keep a journal. Ha. So, in addition to this online journal, I will keep a clandestine handwritten notebook type journal on actual paper.
I lifted the ban on junkfood. It seems like the more I ban something, the more obsessed I become with it. I really don't like when all my thoughts are filled with Walker's Shortbread cookies.
Hubby never did go back to work. We played Champions of Norrath together the other night and he helped me with the Very Important mission of continuing to clear dungeons of goblins...we also killed some minor bosses together which really helps the marital bond.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home