Friday, November 10, 2006

Day, Tolerance

I had a nice day today-first IHOP, then the Mall, then grocery shopping and home, all with my dear husband. It wasn't always like this. I used to cook beans almost exclusively (attempting to add "thrifty" items like neckbones), we didn't have two nickels to rub together but we were reasonably happy and that is how we are now. Time passes, situations change but one can remain steady and determined to be content...not that I'm overly steady. ;)
Tolerance: Since when did tolerance become whole-hearted acceptance? I can disagree with others on hot-button topics but still respect them and accept that they are free to pursue their idea of happiness. Lately though, if a person mentions a slightly different opinion, that person is maligned as being intolerant. So much for tolerance on the part of the maligner. What a bunch of bullshit. Sometimes I find my fellow human beings to be totally annoying.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home