Monday, November 28, 2005

It Wasn't So Bad

I slept until 3:30pm today, over 14 hours. That's what depression and fear do to me if I'm lucky. When I go into a deeply depressive state, I actually can't sleep and I hear "things" shall we say...Things that aren't there.
Anyway, when I'm like this, I get up early to let my parrot out of his cage. Sometimes he perches on the shower rod in the bathroom(right next to my room), other times, he perches right on my shoulder as I sleep, keeping vigil and occasionally grooming my hair. He's a faithful little friend.
Today, he perched on my shoulder. It was comforting.
I did finally make myself wake up and after some creative rearranging of funds and finances, I called a cab and went to pay the water bill. I was able to pay the whole amount and they have a dropoff mailbox type thing so I didn't have to go in and risk getting royally pissed...not that I would blow up at anyone (except that one snide bitch I talked to on the phone) but I would go home nursing a simmering rage until I got rid of it somehow. Believe me, even though I get angry, I try hard as hell not to hold on to anger.
The cab driver wasn't a favorite of mine. He decides his own tip and gives change accordingly. He's weasly and boring too.
The little mom and pop coffeehouse down the street went out of business in less than six months. That was sad but probably for the best because a Starbucks is opening in their near vicinity within the next year anyway.
I wonder what business will go there next and how it will do?
Seems like the businesses that survive well are mortuaries and liquor stores...and Walmart, of course...fucking Walmart. Another love/hate relationship.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home